Web Self Service
Frequently Asked Questions
  • How can I get a temporary connection?

    In order to get a temporary connection for commercial, domestic or public purpose you must apply in the prescribed format (Form -1 or Form - 2 as applicable) to the concerned J.E together with deposit of temporary connection charge at he rate applicable to the relevant consumer category.

    Service lines for temporary connection shall be laid by the supplier where possible and the estimated cost for laying and removing such service lines together with estimated energy charge shall be paid by you in advance on demand by the supplier.
  • How much length of service line, I am to pay for?

    Up to maximum of 30 meters from the nearest distribution mains will be supplied free by the supplier.

    The proportionate cost of service line, poles, fittings etc. if any in excess over the free lead of 30 meters shall be borne by you.

    For temporary supply, the entire service line cost is to be borne by you along with the disconnection and dismantling cost.
  • What shall I do towards additions and alterations of my installation?

    Addition or alteration of your earlier approved installation shall be made only by a licensed electrical contractor. In case such addition or alteration results in increase of your connected or contract load, prier approval of the supplier company shall be taken as per the procedure for enhancement of load. Approval of Electrical Inspector shall also be required wherever applicable.
  • What is the procedure of enhancement of connected load or contract demand?

    You have to apply to the Engineer for enhancement of load or contract demand. Your application shall be accompanied by -

    (a) Processing fee.
    (b) Test report of licensed contractor.
    (c) Approval of electrical Inspector if applicable.
    If classification of consumer category changes by enhancement of contract demand, you have to execute fresh agreement subject to compliance of other conditions.
  • Who will do electrical installation in my premises?

    A licensed contractor will carry out all installations within your premises. The responsibility for electrical installation inside your premises is yours.
  • When should I receive my bill?

    The Engineer or his authorised agent is found to despatch the bills within the 10 days of the billing period. The normal billing period is once in every two months for domestic and commercial consumers.
  • When and how do I pay my bill?

    You may pay the billed amount either in cash or by bank draft or banker's cheque. However you may pay pay by account payee cheque or credit cards where specifically allowed by the supplier.

    The supplier will issued a receipt to you for the payment received.
    You must pay the billed amount by due date indicated on the bill or within a period of seven days from the date of receiving the bill whichever is later.

    If due date indicated in the bill for payment of the amount is a Sunday or public holiday, succeeding working day shall be treated as the due date.
  • Who will solve billing dispute, when and how?

    The supplier should resolve the dispute within the 2 months of loading the complaint and take action in accordance with Regulation 92 of OERC Distribution Conditions of Supply Code.

    Regulation 92 directs that if the supplier finds the bill erroneous, a revised bill indicating revised due date shall be furnished to you. Excess amount paid by you shall be refunded by way of adjustment within 1% interest in the subsequent bill. But if the supplier ascertains the bill to be correct, this will be notified to you asking you to pay the balance, if any, with 1% interest from the due date. If the supplier fails to resolve the dispute within two months, you need not pay the interest on the balance amount.
  • How do I get reconnected and what is the reconnection charges?

    You have to pay all the charges and dues payable to the supplier along with reconnection charges.

    If you are a single phase domestic consumer prevailing reconnection charges are Rs.30/-, for other single phase consumer it is Rs.50/-, for three phase line it is rs.100/- and for HT & EHT line is Rs.500/-.
  • Whom should I contact if there is a fear of safty in my electrical installation?

    The electrical Inspector checks and certifies all electrical HT and EHT installations.In case of fear of safty of your installations, you have to immediately contact the nearest fuse call center and you may take the help of any licensed electrical contractor to rectify the fault.
  • What is the declared voltage I am entitled to?

    The declared voltage of LT (single phase) is 230 volts and medium voltage for 2 or 3 phase is 400 volts. High tension is 11 KV, 33 KV in three phase and 25 KV at single phase for existing railway Traction. Extra high tension supply is in three phase at 66 KV, 132 KV, 220 KV or 400 KV. It is also 220 KV/132 KV at two phase for existing Railway Traction.
  • What is the allowed variation in voltage?

    The supplier should not allow voltage at the point of commencement of supply to go beyond 6 percent in case of low or medium voltage. In case of high tension it should not be more than 6 percent on the higher side and 9 percent on the lower side. In case of Extra high tension it should not be more than 10 percent on higher side or by 12.5 percent on the lower side.
  • What do I do if my voltage is low?

    For low voltage problem, you can lodge your complaint in writing or over telephone with details in the local fuse call center (FCC). The supplier shall intimate a complaint number to you after registering the complaint. FCC has to respond to your complaint within 4 hours. If it is not done, complaint can be lodged with the SDO in writing in prescribed format. The receipt of the complaint shall be acknowledge by the SDO who shall resolved the complaint within 15 days in case of local problem and 6 months in case of major problem like deficiency in the system requiring upgradation of distribution lines, transformers or installation of capacitors.
  • How is the agreement between the supplier and consumer terminated?

    If the power supply of a consumer remains disconnected for a period of two months for non payment of charges or dues or non compliance of any direction issued under the OERC Distribution (Condition of supply) Code and the consumer does not take any step to remove the cause, the agreement of the consumer with the supplier shall be deemed to be terminated, without notice. On termination the agreement, the supplier can remove the service line and other appliances for supply of power from the premises of the consumer.

    The supplier will intimate the consumer about the disconnection within 7 days from the date of disconnection.
  • Where can I appeal against decisions of OERC?

    Any person aggrieved by any decision or order of the Commission passed under Orissa Electricity Reform Act may file an appeal to the High Court on any question of law arising out of such order within sixty days from the date of communication to him of the decision or order of the Commission.
  • How can I redress my grievances with the licensee?

    If you are aggrieved by any action or inaction of the Engineer, you can file representation to his higher officer within one year and order shall be passed within 30 days of receipt of the representation.

    If you are aggrieved by any order passed on your representation, you can file further representation within 45 days to the Chief Executive officer of the supplier company who shall pass final order on that representation within 45 days.

    If the Designated Authority or Chief Executive of supplier does not respond to your complaint effectively within 45 days or you are not satisfied with the action taken by the Supplier, you may approach the Orissa Electricity Regulatory Commission at Bidyut Niyamak Bhawan, Unit - VIII, Bhubaneswar - 751012 in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Practice Direction of the Commission on grievance redressal.